Monday, October 18, 2010

The Event leaves something to be desired

I appreciate the guest post, Graig Brooks

I'm not sure if the was a show I was more interested in seeing during their fall television premire than "The Event". As I sat down to watch the fall premiere on my satellite tv from tvbydirect.com, equipped with an HD picture and a DVR that I always use in order to record the first five minutes of the show without watching I got more excited.

Why do I let it go for five minutes you ask? That way I don't have to watch as many commercials. So as the show began, I couldn't help but feel a little let down. Part of the problem was that I had watched the five minute trailer for the show the network had released late in the summer. It appears that they put every exciting moment into the trailer, making the show a mish mash of dull interludes and stuff I had already seen. The intrigue was still there but it was somehow muted by the fact that it was basically there for the second time.


Certainly the event that the show is built around, that happened almost at the very end of the show will have me coming back for the second week, but my first reaction to the show is they may have bitten off more than they can chew. It is hard to have a show that is keeping people on the edge of their seat while simultaneously developing the myriad of characters they have. We will have to wait and see.

0 comments: