Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Jerry Springer for the Win!

Guest post written by Joseph Finch

I hate to admit it but the Jerry Springer show is sort of a guilty pleasure of mine. This show is often the same concept repeated over and over again. Generally, on every show there will be a woman that was born a man. There will be 'hot' lesbians. There will also be someone cheating on someone else. This sort of formula would theoretically make the show seem stale and boring considering it is the same stuff with different people day in and out. However, it does not become stale. Each individual or couple that comes on the show is a unique and interesting slice of America. Whether they are white trash supremacists or they are women born as men and somehow having sex without their partner realizing it doesn't matter. The end result is a show that continues to be awesome on a daily basis.

When I sit at home fiddling through my satellite tv channels I got from http://www.expertsatellite.com/ I always stop and enjoy Jerry Springer when I find him on. Daytime television is generally boring for me, but this show keeps me coming back for more every time. I'm not sure what it says about me as a person that I enjoy watching another person's misery. I get over that minor sense of guilt readily, however. These people didn't have to put themselves on television in the first place.

0 comments: